Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup to "Box" Requires New "Box Code" Every Day

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Backup to "Box" Requires New "Box Code" Every Day

Post by Homer712 »

And based on the screenshot below, I still think this issue has something to do with the Box tokens/date/time. Tomorrow morning I will try running the group manually before the scheduled time, just to rule out anything to do with the scheduler.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (136.58 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Manual backup done prior to scheduled backup this morning failed. Same failure results were given as if I had let the scheduled backup run. Once the manual backup failed there was no way the scheduled backup would run as I did not "reauthorize" SyncBack Pro access to Box.

Although I am sure that this issue will be identified and fixed, I have gone back to having SyncBack Pro schedule daily backups to Dropbox. Those are and have been working perfectly for weeks, even during V8 beta testing. Additionally, to take advantage of the extra free space available with Box, I have installed Box Sync and will experimenting with having SyncBack Pro backup the files to the Box Sync folder.
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

One last possible clue. When I went up on the Box web site to download Box Sync I poked around my account a bit. Here's what I found:

SyncBack Pro states that it is linked to my Box account:
Capture_2.PNG
Capture_2.PNG (109.61 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Box shows that SyncBack Pro has in fact had access to my account:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (47.03 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Yet, in the "Integration" tab of the Box account it shows no applications linked to my account:
Capture_1.PNG
Capture_1.PNG (37.88 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Any progress on this issue? Currently (as stated in an above post) I am backing up to Box by using Box Sync, but that I could have done without upgrading from SE to Pro. I'd much prefer backing up directly to Box rather than to a Box Sync folder that takes up space on my hard drive, but until this issue is resolved, that's not possible.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

We've released a new beta for V8 which should help with this problem.

https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe (32 bit)
https://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/so ... _Setup.exe (64 bit)

Choose the correct installer based on your current SyncBackPro installation and install it over-the-top of your existing installation so it can preserve your current profiles and settings.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Downloaded. Installed. Test backup directly to Box now set up. We'll give it a couple of days and report back. Thanks.
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Spoke to soon. Did download, but, both Windows and Zemana prevent the installation.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.33 KiB) Viewed 5549 times
Capture_1.PNG
Capture_1.PNG (51.03 KiB) Viewed 5549 times
mickyj
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by mickyj »

Hi, you'll need to configure your anti-virus software not to quarantine SyncBack, i.e. white list it. When we do official releases (not beta releases) we submit the release to be whitelisted with various anti-virus companies.
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Thank you, I had that thought in mind, but, in the world we live in today, I was not going to white list until I heard back from 2BrightSparks that the links were legit.
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Well . . . so far so good. The test backup to Box that I set up yesterday (and ran) and scheduled for 7:40 AM each day ran successfully this morning. We'll give it another couple of days just to make sure, but it looks as though whatever changes were made to the beta release have fixed the issues I was having with Box.
Homer712
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Homer712 »

Third successful scheduled daily backup to Box has just completed. Think we can now consider this issue resolved. Thank you.