Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

No log file is displayed after scan failure

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
markbelli
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

No log file is displayed after scan failure

Post by markbelli »

Hello,

scheduled profile to sd card.
Sd card not inserted -> scan failure.
Log file set to display, only when errors occur.
No log file is displayed..
Any idea why?
Thanks!

ps: Finally x64 support, great!
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: No log file is displayed after scan failure

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi, go to the Log settings page (in the profile) with the settings you mentioned and press F1 for contextual Help. Note the part near the description of those two settings with the yellow warning triangle and the warning text

Note: when the profile is run via a schedule, and Windows Vista or newer is being used, then the log may not be displayed. This is due to security changes introduced in Windows Vista (basically when SyncBackPro is run from a schedule it cannot interact with the user interface).
markbelli
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by markbelli »

Hi! thanks for the reply!

Quite strange, because I have another profile that when runs correctly is set to display the log..
And everytime it runs it does display the log!
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Is this other profile run on a Schedule? Or manually (or something else like Periodical, but not on a Schedule)?

The issue is that a Scheduled Task (part of Windows) may run SBP > your profile in something called session-0 (which a user cannot see or interact with). If it does, you end up with one or more instances of your browser running invisibly in session-0 displaying a log which you can't see - nor can you access the browser to close it without resorting to Task Manager (or reboot) - assuming you even realise it is running...

Whether the Windows Task Scheduler decides to use session-0 to run SBP may depend on settings in the Schedule and/or the fact the Windows Scheduler has a mind of its own, plus a mood which changes with every Windows Update (usually without being documented).

AFAIK, SB cab detect if it is being run in session-0 and if so, it does not try to display a log (there's no point because you couldn't see it if it did). However, I think SBP can detect if it isn't being run in session-0, which is probably why the Help says "...the log may not be displayed..."
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

cliffhanger wrote:AFAIK, SB can
I think I may need a new keyboard (or, pytist)
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Post by cliffhanger »

Another possibility occurs to me - did you check whether there is actually a log for that failed run at all (right-click profile > View Log)? If there is, no need to reply, just see above. If there isn't, check for Silently Fail being in force (Modify profile > Search (2nd bottom in tree on left) > "silently" (without the quotes) > 2nd hit). Bear in mind that specific log may have been wiped by now (default logs-to-keep is 5)
markbelli
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by markbelli »

Hi! Thanks for the reply.. logfile is present so I guess it's this session 0 problem!

Thank you anyway!
markbelli
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by markbelli »

solved,
created an exe file with autoit.
script is:

Code: Select all

ShellExecute("C:\Program Files\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe", '"PROFILENAME"');
I execute this exe file with the file scheduler and the logfile is displayed.
markbelli
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by markbelli »

actually not, still same problem.
markbelli
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by markbelli »

final solution:

run before profile--> batch file that copies a txt file to the desktop with filename "profile run failed.txt"
run after profile (only if profile run was successful) --> batch file that deletes the txt file