Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

network reconnect problems

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
fbungartz

network reconnect problems

Post by fbungartz »

Hi everyone,
I have configured SyncBack to run on my desktop PC at startup. Some of the profiles are used to sync some folders of the desktop with several different laptops. These laptops are not necessarily always online; often I only hook them up to my home network, when I need to synchronize the folders.
In Windows 10 file Explorer the folders on the laptop(s) are immediately recognized from the desktop PC as network folders. But SyncBack (running in the background) does not "see" these drives once they come online. It still "thinks" the laptop(s) [and their folders that I want to synchronize] are offline. Running a profile results in an almost endless loop, when SyncBack tries to find the folder on the laptop, but ultimately fails. Only "Exit" and "Restart" resolves this problem, because once I restart the program the folders are instantaneously recognized.

This is quite a nuissance and it [almost] defies the purpose of having SyncBack running in the background at startup. With USB drives this is not a problem; once they are inserted, SyncBack immediately detects them. Only network drives are not recognize, when they are "plugged-in" via LAN cable or via WLAN...

I have been slightly irritated by this already since the previous versions of SyncBack, but oddly enough this bug persists even ins SyncBack 7...
Any chance that could get fixed???

Thanks,
Frank