Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Integrity check questions

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Nighthawk1977

Integrity check questions

Post by Nighthawk1977 »

Hello all,

I have been using SyncbackPro for a while to backup by Synology NAS to another computer.
Ever since I have used the options "Standard Windows file copying" and "Verify that files are copied correctly".
Additionally I verfied the files with some 3rd party hashing tools.

A few days ago I saw that version 8 has an integretated integrity check and bought the update. I modified my profiles to "Enable file integrity recording for Quelle (=source)" and "Calculate the file integrity for files that have none".

Is the calculation of the hashvalues multi-threaded? I have only a Pentium G630 and 8 GB of RAM in my backup machine. I might think about moving the backup duties to my main computer then (Intel i7-2600K).

I finished integrity check of one of my NAS folders meanwhile with errors.
For two files the hash values don't match. I wonder if this should have been discovered earlier as "Verify that files are copied correctly" was activated ever since. Another roughly 13k files failed stating that the network path to the source was not found. Right now I'm repeating the integrity check which is running for 11 hours at the moment. I guess the integrity check should have stopped my Synology from going to standby. Any suggestions for that?
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Integrity check questions

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please submit a support ticket to [email protected] with your profile configuration and log files for investigation.

Thank you.
Nighthawk1977

Re: Integrity check questions

Post by Nighthawk1977 »

Hi Swapna,

I repeated the integrity check meanwhile. This time there were no problems concerning the network path and only one file failed the integrity check. At least this one file is the same as in the previous test. I'm going to submit a ticket with profile config and log file.

Any hints about my performance question? I might consider buying a large USB harddisk for backup instead of the PC, on the other hand the current PC's hardware was already there and I had no better use. :mrgreen: