Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Is It Possible To Filter Files Based On Size?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
davidshq

Is It Possible To Filter Files Based On Size?

Post by davidshq »

Hi Folks,

I have a large number of video files created by a video team I'm looking to backup.

When they initially offload the video to the server it is pretty huge - up to 80 GB ea.

The finished product is much smaller (usually under 10 GB).

I'm looking to backup the smaller files but not the larger ones. Is there a way I can add a filter based on size rather than path?

Thanks,
Dave
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Is It Possible To Filter Files Based On Size?

Post by cliffhanger »

Hi

Modify profile > Expert mode > Compare Options > File Size > bottom pair of Ignore options

F1 with File Size dialog open for contextual Help (hint; in your case you can leave the 'Ignore files less than' setting at 0 = 'no lower limit')

For the 'ignore files more than' setting, you will need to 'do the math' (multiples of 1024, etc) for large file size values. If high accuracy is required, you can specify an exact size (to nearest byte, if required), but if the wanted:unwanted files are always in the same ratio as your example, then 'ignore files more than [15,000,000,000] bytes' will probably suffice to tell them apart (if you know better. adjust accordingly)
davidshq

Re: Is It Possible To Filter Files Based On Size?

Post by davidshq »

Thanks! Very helpful!