Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Scheduling backup

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
AndreiMih

Scheduling backup

Post by AndreiMih »

Good day,

This is my first day using SyncBackPro 6.5. I've been reading your documentation in help section, had a look at some topics here on the forum. I'm starting to understand a thing or two, but it is still a bit too much info for a start.

I've been thinking about a backup schedule and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for further learning.

The idea is to have backup of:

Monday to Thursday
Friday (and all other Fridays of the Month, Friday 1, Friday 2...)
Month (and other months before)
Year.

So it will look like this: incremental or full Mon-Thu, on day 5 delete all that and create Friday, keep each Friday till the end of month. When month ends I have 4 Friday backsups, delete them and make Month backup. Year ends and I have 12 backups of months, delete them and make a Year backup.

From what I understand so far - I need to create a Backup profile and:

1. under Simple -> Destination point for example to \\192.168.1.1\Backup\%DAYOFWEEK%\
The key here is to have the dayofweek variable so system will create folders 1-4 for Mon-Thu
2. under Fast backup select Perform a fast backup, tick Use a different folder for full (rescan) backups and point it to \\192.168.1.1\Backup\ and set %DAYOFWEEK% equals 5 (for Friday)

With that in place software will do a full backup every Friday and delete incremental files for Mon-Thu

Now, how do I keep all Fridays of the month so on the 4th week I can go back to week 1?
What I found is Versioning. I think that if I Enable versioning on Destination and Keep a maximum of 4 for 30 days the software will create and keep versions of something, hopefully Friday backups.

Now I need to run a Month backup, probably create a 2nd Backup profile and call it "Monthly" and schedule it Monthly, Days - On last.
And same for the year? Every January? This will mean 3 profiles - 1 daily + Friday, 2 monthly, 3 yearly.

I appreciate any help with setting this up, constructive criticism is welcome.

Thank you,

Andrei.