Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup on NAS to another NAS

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Scott Coffey

Backup on NAS to another NAS

Post by Scott Coffey »

I have a Synology DS916+ that I want to backup to a WD My Cloud EX4. I don't need an exact replication of the data on the Synology... just a backup of selected shares. Do I need to create a backup job for each share? There are probably a dozen shares that I need to have backed up, and I would like to back them up on a daily basis. What's the best way to do this?
Gunny

Re: Backup on NAS to another NAS

Post by Gunny »

I would do 1 backup per share, put all those backups jobs in a group, then create a scheduled task for that group to run.
michael.kenward

Post by michael.kenward »

Gunny wrote:I would do 1 backup per share, put all those backups jobs in a group, then create a scheduled task for that group to run.
That's how I do it. Works fine.

You can use the same tactic with a mix of NAS and USB drives.
Scott Coffey

Post by Scott Coffey »

I'm have SyncBack free, so didn't know about the ability to create a group. Will be purchasing Pro for this job. Thanks for the answer. :)