Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Need help with deleting in syncronization

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Need help with deleting in syncronization

Post by LaryW »

I know this is basic but I can't seem to get the right settings.

When working with photos I import from camera to drive C Pending and then will copy all files to drive M Pending so I have a backup, just in case.

I have 2 folders on my hard drive C that I sync with same named folders on an external hard drive M. I use a folder called Pending to hold photos I'm working on. If I process or keep a photo I move it to the appropriate folder within my photo software, in this case September on my hard drive C. This will have some new photos on drive C in the folder September and will leave some photos on C in Pending that I don't plan on keeping. I then delete the remaining files on drive c Pending.

I then synchronize drive C to drive M to update drive M. I'd like any files found on drive M Pending that aren't on drive C Pending to be deleted in that profile.

I've selected the if not found on drive c Pending to delete on drive m Pending but but the files remain on drive m Pending although drive c Pending does not have the files anymore.

I hope that's clear. Can anyone help me set this up?
LaryW
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: Need help with deleting in syncronization

Post by LaryW »

I think I figured it out by creating a new profile and making adjustment there.