Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Google Team Drive SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 evaluation

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
n8b123

Google Team Drive SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 evaluation

Post by n8b123 »

Hi,

I am currently still on SyncBackPro V7 but have just installed V8.5.5.0 after seeing New (Pro): Support for Google Team Drives listed in the changes for V8.1.1.0 however when I set up a profile I can only access my google drive and not my google team drive.

are google team drives not supported?

thanks
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Google Team Drive SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 evaluation

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

SyncBackPro V8 supports Google Team Drives. To backup files to/from Google Team Drive:

1. Create a new profile via Profile > New menu

2. In the 3rd screen select Google Drive as destination (or source if you want to backup files from Google Team Drive) and click on Next button

3. The ‘Cloud connection Details’ page will open. Click on the Authorize button at that page to start the authorization process. From there, you may need to follow the on-screen prompts to allow authorized access to SyncBackPro

4. Once the authorization is successful, click on ‘Refresh’ button to retrieve a list of Team Drives that your account has access to. Select the Team Drive that you want to use (from the list box) and click on ‘Done’ button

5. A profile setup window will be opened, where you can configure the Source/Destination path and other settings according to your requirement and run the profile to backup files to/from Google Team Drive.

Thank you.
n8b123

Post by n8b123 »

thank you, I have upgrade my licence to Pro V8
shawnyeh

Post by shawnyeh »

Hi Swapna,

I am using V8.5.5.0 now and follow the step you said, but after authorized from Google, I can't see a "Refresh" button which only shows in "Google storage" service.
Please see below,

and when I switch to Google Storage, the list box shows up

But we don't have Google Storage service available.
How can we use "Google Drive" connection to access our "Google Team Drive"

Thanks.
Swapna wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 am

3. The ‘Cloud connection Details’ page will open. Click on the Authorize button at that page to start the authorization process. From there, you may need to follow the on-screen prompts to allow authorized access to SyncBackPro

4. Once the authorization is successful, click on ‘Refresh’ button to retrieve a list of Team Drives that your account has access to. Select the Team Drive that you want to use (from the list box) and click on ‘Done’ button

Thank you.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please note that the version of SyncBackPro you are using is outdated. Please download and install the latest version (V8.5.122.0) from here:

https://www.2brightsparks.com/download-syncbackpro.html

Do not uninstall and reinstall, or you'll lose your profiles & settings. Just install 'over the top'.

Please refer to How to Backup to Google Drive article for step-by-step instructions to create a Google Drive.

1. Once the authorization is successful, click on ‘Done’ button on the ‘Cloud Connections Details’ page.

2. A profile setup window will appear.

3. Go to Cloud page and click on ‘Refresh’ button to retrieve a list of Team Drives that your account has access to.

4. Then select the Team Drive that you want to use from the list.

Thank you
shawnyeh

Post by shawnyeh »

Thank you, I got this fixed after updated it but not from the page I was talking.

The setting of Google Team drive is after it opened the backup detail page, go into expert setting, from the "cloud" setting on the left, I can refresh from there and get all the team drive folders.