Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 - Profiles won't import

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
BrianLogan
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 - Profiles won't import

Post by BrianLogan »

SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 (x64)
Windows 10 Pro (x64), Version 1709, OS Build 16299.125

I exported the profiles from V7 32-bit version of SyncBackPro and uninstalled.
I then piad for the upgrade to V8 and downloaded and installed the 64-bit version, which turned out to be V8.3.something and I was prompted to update to V8.5.5.0. So I updated to that version.

I tried to import my profiles with Profiles -> Import Profile. I selected all of them in the dialogue box that appeared and clicked open. The dialogue box went away, but nothing was imported. I've imported profiles before in previous versions so know that it worked previously. I also tried to just import one profile. Still didn't work. Also tried a reboot.

What's going on?

Brian
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 - Profiles won't import

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please read to this KB article for the steps to import your profiles into SyncBackPro:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... to-another

If you have group profiles to import then refer to ‘An easier Import method with Groups’ sections of the above article for more details.

Thank you.
BrianLogan
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: SyncBackPro V8.5.5.0 - Profiles won't import

Post by BrianLogan »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already knew how to import profiles as I'd done it previously when I had to reinstall Windows. As I mentioned in another post, installing V8.5.5.0 32-bit cured it and the profiles immediately imported as expected.

Brian