Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

sync only when my pc is idle question

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Giulia
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

sync only when my pc is idle question

Post by Giulia »

hi

1) can i setup a profile to run only when my pc is idle
in when -> changes -> i add these settings 600 seconds (10 minutes) and check idle , is it the right settings?

2) can i avoid a profile running when a program is active?
for example wait when firefox.exe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe are not running
thanks
Giulia
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: sync only when my pc is idle question

Post by Giulia »

hi
sadly i can edit my prev post

in short i would like

to sync when
1) source are changed
And
2) when my comptuer is idle
and
3) when a program is not working

in short AND , i need all of these events to be true

Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: sync only when my pc is idle question

Post by Swapna »

Hi,
Source are changed and When my computer is idle
Please use the settings configured in the When > Changes settings page. I suggest reading the help file for additional details about ‘This must be idle computer time’ setting. With When > Changes settings page opened, press F1 to open the contextual help.
When a program is not working
Note that there is no AND relationship between When > Changes setting and When > Program setting. In other words, the profile will be executed when either condition is met.

However, you can achieve this by using the runtime script ‘WaitForFinishEx.bas’ script file in SyncBackPro profile. This script stops a profile from starting until a program has finished (or isn't running). It is available in SyncBackPro’s program folder.

1. First, you need to install the script from Preferences > Script menu

2. Then Modify the profile > Scripts > tick the runtime script ‘Wait for a program to finish before starting the profile’ from the right panel and click on Apply button

3. A new settings page ‘Wait for Finish’ will be added to the profile setup window, where you can configure the program name and the delay setting.

Then test the profile run to see if it works?

Thank you