Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

If I move files into different folders, is SyncBack Pro able to see the files have just been moved? Or will it re-upload

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
RichardLapthorn

If I move files into different folders, is SyncBack Pro able to see the files have just been moved? Or will it re-upload

Post by RichardLapthorn »

Hi there,

So I have mirrored backups going to local drives as well as offsite to Google Drive, everything is working as it should but I am conscious that at some stage I may need to rearrange the folder structure on the source drive (The actual files within will not change)

Will SyncBack Pro recognise that these files are still present just in different folders and move them accordingly? Or will it delete the files on the destination and start transferring them from the source again?

I may have several terabytes of content that needs to be reorganised in this fashion, so this could prove to be a big issue for me.

Cheers
Swapna
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: If I move files into different folders, is SyncBack Pro able to see the files have just been moved? Or will it re-up

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Only an Intelligent Sync profile supports file move/rename detection using the options “Detect file renames on left/right". This feature is not available in Backup or Mirror profile types.

Please refer to this forum post for additional details:

viewtopic.php?t=12189

Thank you.