Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:
- This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
- If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.
- 2BrightSparks Staff
- Posts: 368
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:08 am
Recently it has come to our attention that a lot of our users are experiencing heavy throttling when using SyncBackPro with SharePoint/OneDrive Business cloud storage. Throttling may also occur during the authorization process as well.
Microsoft Support has provided the following information regarding this issue:
- Since February 2018 new throttling rules have been in force and all third-party applications will be throttled during local business hours.
- There is currently no way to configure SharePoint/OneDrive Business or the application to be exempt from the extra throttling regardless of how important it is to an organisation.
- Applications such as SyncBackPro should be scheduled to run between 18:00 and 6:00 (local time) on weekdays and all day on weekends to avoid throttling.
- Throttling will occur during business hours based on overall SharePoint/OneDrive Business loading (not limited to the clients site). So even if you are not a heavy user you may still get affected.
The above rules may change without notice by Microsoft at any time and we may edit this post in the future to reflect any changes.