I know there are countless posts on best settings for speed, but none I see address this configuration and requirements, so i am asking here Thanks
Goal: Optimize settings for speed given Requirements and Environment
Requirements: The data is very important so I set...
- Safe Copy
I realize this slows things down
- Optimized 10GBE network running well, set with Jumbo Frames, Large Read/Write cache, etc
- PC's very fast i7 16 core, 32g RAM
- Drives: m.2 pce or SSD in raid 0
- PC to PC sync, multi TB data
Given the above, what settings will optimize SyncBackPro, I assume most will relate to Copy settings in profile. Specifically do you recommend the following:
Q1) Mylti-threaded file copy instead Standard Windows
Q2) Assuming yes, 4 threads or more/less?
Q3) Buffer size = 512, or more/less
Q4) Any general guidance on Verify Filter?
Finally, how would the answers be different if one or both ends were HDDs in RAID 5, i.e only variance is somewhat slower storage, but still fast.
Thanks very much
I love SBP and have used for many years!!!
Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:
- This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
- If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.
- If you are entitled to technical support then please submit a support ticket. Please do not post the same question to the forum and also via a support ticket. Once again, 2BrightSparks does not provide technical support via this forum.
Max Speed Settings on 10GBE on m.2 with 64G RAM
For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:15 am
1 post • Page 1 of 1