I was trying to create a profile where I use filters to "list" the specific files to include. There are many individual files scattered throughout the system, and I find the "flat list" (filter) method to be much easier to maintain than the tree-based file & folder selection.
Given that the profile source directory is C:\, I'd assumed this would be simple, with filters like:
However, this doesn't work. Looking at the docs, my understanding is that this is because (even though I've clearly specified a direct path from the root all the way to the file), filters were designed such that it won't actually look for that file unless you either:
1) Use a separate rule to tell it to look in each & every folder along the path to every file, i.e.
2) Tell it to recursively scan through every single folder on the entire system, like
Am I missing something here? The first approach makes it impossibly cumbersome to include a list of files; the second makes it impossibly slow to scan through the entire disk.
Is there no way to get filters to simply include a list of files, without having to scan the whole disk or add separate rules to walk through every step in every path of every file? :/
Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:
- This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
- If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.
- If you are entitled to technical support then please submit a support ticket. Please do not post the same question to the forum and also via a support ticket. Once again, 2BrightSparks does not provide technical support via this forum.
Using "Files/folders to copy" Filters
For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:04 am
1 post • Page 1 of 1