Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup new laptop

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
MadTom

Backup new laptop

Post by MadTom »

I'm a long time user of SyncBackPro now using v7. I'm having problems with my SP4 laptop and have to send it back to MS. I would like to backup or clone HD on my laptop before I send it. Can I do this in v8? What is the best way to do this? I have a 2T passport drive and 5T on Onedrive, I also have 128gig sd card. Would also like to restore all my programs and data on a new SP4 when I get it back. Any help would be great!
Merlin

Re: Backup new laptop

Post by Merlin »

You could always image the drive to an external so you have everything.
Programs like Macrium Reflect Free will do that pretty easily.
That way you can install your programs when the new system returns and restore your data.
If they are not changing any of the hardware, you could restore the image to the drive and be back up inside of an hour.
cliffhanger
Expert
Expert

Re: Backup new laptop

Post by cliffhanger »

Just to confirm that the SyncBack family are not designed to make system images, clone system disks, etc., - as mentioned in the Help > Quick Start > Understanding Backup and Synchronization

SyncBackPro can copy all of your files, but cannot make an exact copy of your system drive. SyncBackPro is designed to copy your important files, e. g. your pictures, documents, music, database, etc. [...] To make an exact copy of your system drive, you must use "disk imaging" software.

and in this KB article