Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Synchronizing 2 devices using OneDrive

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
sbwul
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Synchronizing 2 devices using OneDrive

Post by sbwul »

Using a mklink /junction I have linked a folder on my desktop pc with a OneDrive folder.
Those are then being synchronized.

Now I would like to have a folder on my laptop being synchronized with the OneDrive folder.
My assumption is then any changes in the folders on laptop or PC are then being synchronized.

AFAIK this can not be done without a 3rd party tool.

I have SyncBackPro installed on my laptop. Have just created a profile that will sync the OneDrive folder with a folder on my laptop.
Probably this profile should always run in the background.

This profile is set up for 1 pair of folders. When running, it halted, as it found same files but different timestamp and prompts me what to do.

1. where can I set that in case of different timestamp, the file with the oldest timestamp should be kept, i.e. the one with a newer timestamp should always be overwritten. Sometimes, for whatever reason, files may get a newer timestamp. If a file exists with an older timestamp, then that date 'counts'.

2. I have a number of folders this way. Have never worked with group profiles.
I assume that I have first create individual profiles and then add them to a group and that group should run in the background?

Recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Synchronizing 2 devices using OneDrive

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please submit a support ticket to [email protected] with your profile configuration (select the profile from SyncBackPro main-window > right click > select 'Export Profile' from the pop-up menu) for assistance.

Do not post (nor links to) profiles on this open forum.

Thank you.