Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Is backup traffic thru SyncBackTouch routed thru SyncBackPro if set to back up to Backblaze?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
natsut

Is backup traffic thru SyncBackTouch routed thru SyncBackPro if set to back up to Backblaze?

Post by natsut »

I have been using SyncBackPro for a server backup for several years. But recently Crashplan pulled their support and we've had to move to Duplicati + Backblaze for our end user backups.

I was doing server maintenance & I really like the SyncBackPro + SyncBackTouch interface as I can control file selections / job run times all from a central server. What I need to know though is if all customers (we have about 50) would be routing all backup traffic thru my internet connection. Or if it would be streamed directly from remote device to Backblaze with SyncBackPro really being just more of a management tool.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Is backup traffic thru SyncBackTouch routed thru SyncBackPro if set to back up to Backblaze?

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Please note that in SyncBackPro if you have selected a non-standard resource (FTP, Cloud, SyncBack Touch, MTP, Compression, Encryption etc.,) on one side (Source/Destination) then you can only select standard resources (local drive or network path) on the other side.

You can refer to this KB article for more details:

http://support.2brightsparks.com/knowle ... e-reversed

Therefore, if your Source is SyncBack Touch, then you cannot select cloud on the other side (that means it's not possible to directly copy files from SyncBack Touch to BackBlaze).

However, a possible workaround for this issue is to create 2 profiles in SyncBackPro:

1. Create a Profile to copy files from SyncBack Touch to a temporary folder on the local drive.
2. Create a second Profile to copy files from temporary folder to BackBlaze.
3. Create a Group and add the above two profiles as member profiles to the group, so that when the Group is run the profiles will run in a sequence.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]