Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Can SyncBackPro sync w/out moving to a container

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Skippermark

Can SyncBackPro sync w/out moving to a container

Post by Skippermark »

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing SBP and wanted to know if it can sync files to a backup drive without them having to go into a container file?

I read the support docs, and I couldn't tell. I saw that I could create container files, but I want to be able to backup to an external disk or memory card and be able to access those files through Windows Explorer either on the computer that create them or a different computer that probably won't have SBP on it.

Thanks!
Skippermark

Re: Can SyncBackPro sync w/out moving to a container

Post by Skippermark »

Adding that I want to create an exact duplicate of the files & folder structure on the main computer on the external disk...a mirror is what some programs call it. Thanks!
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Conrad Chung »

SyncBackPro will not copy your files into a container file. We copy/backup files as-is and follows your Source folder structure so it's easy to navigate.

All our backed up files can be access via Windows Explorer (assuming you have backed them up to an internal or external disk as well as network shares, etc).

SyncBackPro can perform backup, mirror or 2-way sync.

If you have not already done so, you are welcome to try our fully functional SyncBackPro, which we offer as a free 30-day evaluation:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/assets/sof ... _Setup.exe
Skippermark

Post by Skippermark »

Thank you, Conrad. That's how I thought it would work, but then I read something about container files. I understand how they work, but for me, regular syncing is what I want for now.

I'm going to download the trial to try. Thanks for the quick reply!