Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Differential/Incremental to a different destination?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
decioy

Differential/Incremental to a different destination?

Post by decioy »

I understand that I can save differential/incremental backups to a different folder. But would it be possible to save them to a different destional?

I would make full backups locally and physically move them to another location (since they are are several terabytes in size), but I would make daily incremental backups to the cloud since they would be much smaller.

Would it be possible with syncback? Maybe not through the options, but then uploading to the cloud the differential folders? Any ideas?

Maybe an option to write the full backup to NULL (Full backups are already begin done through another profile) so I would only upload to the cloud the differentials?
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Differential/Incremental to a different destination?

Post by Conrad Chung »

Sorry but this is not possible, as Full and diff/inc backups has to be in the same relative path.
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Conrad Chung »

Hi, to add on further to my previous post, when I wrote "has to be in the same relative path", I was referring to the fact that you cannot set the Full folder path to local disk, while setting the Diff/Incr folder paths on an FTP, Cloud or another non-local disk resource (or vice versa).

It's still possible to set the paths of Full and Diff/Incr to different destination paths as long as the resource type is the same for all Destination folders. Meaning to say, it's possible to set Full to Disk X and diff/incr folder/s to Disk Y (or different UNC paths), but it's not possible to set them to an entirely different non-standard resource (FTP, cloud, etc).
decioy

Post by decioy »

Tks Conrad,

That means I could actually make it work, if I send the full backups to my local backup drive and send the diff/incr to a different drive/folder that is synced to the cloud using a sync app like onedrive/dropbox, etc.

I wouldn't be ideal, but it might work, right?
ybhatt

Post by ybhatt »

Conrad Chung wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Hi, to add on further to my previous post, when I wrote "has to be in the same relative path", I was referring to the fact that you cannot set the Full folder path to local disk, while setting the Diff/Incr folder paths on an FTP, Cloud or another non-local disk resource (or vice versa).

It's still possible to set the paths of Full and Diff/Incr to different destination paths as long as the resource type is the same for all Destination folders. Meaning to say, it's possible to set Full to Disk X and diff/incr folder/s to Disk Y (or different UNC paths), but it's not possible to set them to an entirely different non-standard resource (FTP, cloud, etc).
Hi Conrad,
We have huge volume of data. Hence it may not be possible to take Full backup and Incremental backup on the same Disk.
Please can you advice, how to set Full backup on Disk A and Incremental backup on Disk B on SyncBackPro V9.5.89.0 (64 bit) on Windows 10?
Thanks
jamssyyy

Post by jamssyyy »

decioy wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:28 pm
I understand that I can save differential/incremental backups to a different folder. But would it be possible to save them to a different destional?

I would make full backups locally and physically move them to another location (since they are are several terabytes in size), but I would make daily incremental backups to the cloud since they would be much smaller.

Would it be possible with syncback? Maybe not through the options, but then uploading to the cloud the differential folders? Any ideas?

Maybe an option to write the full backup to NULL (Full backups are already begin done through another profile) so I would only upload to the cloud the differentials?
Definitely! With SyncBack, you can save differential or incremental backups to a different destination. Although there might not be direct options for uploading differential folders to the cloud, you can achieve this by configuring SyncBack to write full backups to a NULL destination. This way, you can focus on uploading only the differentials to the cloud, saving space and reducing upload time. It's a smart approach to efficiently manage your backups and keep them secure!