Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Best practice to mirror/sync two hdd?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
chrbar

Best practice to mirror/sync two hdd?

Post by chrbar »

Hi,

I've two hdd 4TB (each), and I'd like to set SyncBackPro in way the second hdd is a first hdd's backup (like two hdd in RAID1 but with the possibility to access to each hdd, and have files versioning).

Because I want that HDD2 is a copy of HDD1, I've set SyncBackPro in Mirror mode (from source HDD1 to destination HDD2).
That ran correctly the first time, but after every new miroir process take a lot of time (many hours)!
I think the problem is there is a large amount of files (82 630 files, 3 166 folders), and SyncBackPro check file by file to know which action needed.

Could you tell me if there are better settings in SyncBackPro to discrease running time?

Instead of Mirror mode, can I set it in Sync mode "live", so that SyncBackPro will sync modified folders/files only?

Thanks,
Chris
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Best practice to mirror/sync two hdd?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please export (select the profile from SyncBackPro main-window > right click > select Export Profile from the pop-up menu) and send your profile configuration to [email protected] to verify your settings?

Thank you.