Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Synchronizing Dropbox Business Shared Folders

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
omtr

Synchronizing Dropbox Business Shared Folders

Post by omtr »

Hi 2BS,

i want to create Backups from Dropbox Business shared folders, which means that these folders are not managed in the Dropbox Business Web Backend, instead they are created by anyone in the company and this person usually decides who else can get access to it. We have a couple of these folders. I manually added the dropbox user that we use for the backups to these shared folders. But this has not have any effect: In SyncBackPro, i cannot see these folders.

Can you tell what i am doing wrong?

Thanks for your support!

-omtr
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Synchronizing Dropbox Business Shared Folders

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, we haven’t tested with Dropbox Business shared folders. However, SyncBackPro works with Dropbox Personal shared folder, if that folder is visible in the Files section:

1. First, you need to explicitly share the folder/file with a person or group (by entering their email addresses)
2. An email will be sent to them with a link to the shared file or folder
3. They need to click on the link and manually add the folder to their file list to backup files to/from it to destination

Thank you