Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Uploads do not resume?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
northantspete

Uploads do not resume?

Post by northantspete »

Hi
So I have v8 pro - Im backing up to the cloud which is scheduled out of hours over an ADSL line.

I backup to encrypted zips of 10gb and upload in 31 parts.

The backups work ok in that they start and end as they should however the next day as it did not finish the full 10gb fle it begins again?

How can I eliminate this issue, is there a resume or block level that can take off from where it finished previous evening?

Thanks
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Uploads do not resume?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Sorry, but ‘resume a broken file transfer’ option is not supported with Cloud services. In addition, we do not recommend backing-up files to a single zip file on a cloud server because the destination file is always replaced in each run (i.e. deleted and recreated), which will be very slow process. Thus, we suggest using multi-zip compression if your destination is a cloud server.

Thank you.
homenet
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Uploads do not resume?

Post by homenet »

> replaced in each run
Just a brief comment. Replacement could be avoided using variables like this suggested: %YEAR%-%MONTH%-%DAY%_%HOUR%%MINUTES%%SECONDS% ie: 2019-05-10_113955