Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Email log file after 10 successful profile runs

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Sepport

Email log file after 10 successful profile runs

Post by Sepport »

I have set all my SynBackPro profiles to send me a mail when they complete. The log file is attached to this mail only if errors occur.

However, I want to receive the log file of each profile, after it has run e.g. 10 times successfully. My goal is to inspect the log file of a correctly running profile every now and then. Just to make sure that e.g. the filters (Choose sub-directories and files, Change Filter) do not filter out files I want to have backed up.

How can I achieve the above? I suppose a script will be needed that decides whether the log file is attached to the mail or not. Is this feasible? What functions/procedures would be involved in such a script? I checked out function "RunBeforeEmailLog". But here you can only decide if you want to send the mail or not. I want the mail to be sent for all profile runs. But it should contain the log file only if there was an error, of if the involved profile has run 10 times successfully.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Email log file after 10 successful profile runs

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

There is no option to send an email notification after 10 successful runs, but I will forward your request to the relevant department. However, you can configure the profile to send a notification (with log files) only when an error occurs, which can be configured under:
Modify profile > Expert > Log > Advanced > tick 'Only send the email if an error occurs' option

Thank you.
Sepport

Re: Email log file after 10 successful profile runs

Post by Sepport »

Hi Swapna

Thanks for your prompt reply. Do you plan to take this functionality into the SyncBack standard program: "send email log after x successful runs of a profile anyhow"? That would be great!
Meanwhile, do you have an idea how to achieve a similar result via scripting?

Kind regards