Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How would you schedule this, please?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
JohnWalker

How would you schedule this, please?

Post by JohnWalker »

I have an 8TB NAS (Synology 718+) that's nearly full which I want to back up (not sync or mirror) to the cloud (Backblaze B2).

During the day, practically every day, I stream cable news over a 200 MB down (10 MB up) connection. When I used Synology's own Cloud Sync app to backup to Backblaze, it was impossible to stream clear audio/video, so I'm going to try SBP.

I'd like SBP to take an initial inventory of what needs to be backed up (the entire NAS) while keeping track (in real time) of anything that might change, and then send the entire mess to Backblaze over whatever period of time it might take.

I'd like the profile to run full-throttle, i.e, no bandwidth limit, from 01:00 to 08:00, then run the same (or another?) profile that is throttled so as not to interfere with the streaming.

I tried to schedule a profile to recur every day starting at 01:00, then repeat every day for a duration of 7 hours, but I got this error: "The repetition interval value must be less than or equal to the repetition duration value." I couldn't wrap my brain around that one enough to fix whatever I did wrong. To sum up, I'd like the backup to begin at full speed every day at 01:00, then throttle back (or stop) 7 hours later, and then resume/repeat every day.

If I can't throttle back, and the profile has to actually stop, I hope that, when it restarts again at 01:00 the next day, SBP can simply pick up where it left off.

What I can't do is let the backup run at full speed, 24/7, for the several weeks that it will take to backup the 8TB. Neither would I prefer to double or triple the upload duration by running the backup constantly throttled. So, full speed when I'm sleeping and throttled when I'm awake.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: How would you schedule this, please?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Can you please submit a support ticket to [email protected] with your profile configuration for assistance.

Thank you.
JohnWalker

Post by JohnWalker »

Support Ticket just emailed. Thanks!
IMTheNachoMan

Post by IMTheNachoMan »

I am looking to buy SBP. Before I do, I am trying to see if this feature is there?