Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Basic move or copy from/to FTP without scan

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Ramon

Basic move or copy from/to FTP without scan

Post by Ramon »

Some of my use cases would be simply an automated move of one or more files to an FTP folder, or vice versa, regardless of the existing content on the destination. So no scan of the destination is needed. However I have not found a combination of settings that would implement such a basic scenario. I am aware of the Fast Backup option, but also that does not fit those scenarios. (It does an initial scan to keep astatus DB, which I don't not need, and does not support FTP as source). I've done some searching but it appears SyncBackPro does not support such a setup; it always seems to do a scan of het destination (except with Fast Backup). There also does not seem to be a script that would allow the destination scan to be skipped.

On the other hand, it seems like such a basic, simple functionality that I hardly can believe it can not be done with an intelligent program like SyncBackPro. Maybe any pointers from more experienced users? I only started using it since about a month and now use version V9.1.1.12.0. Thanks in advance.