Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Dropbox - one profile works, others time out

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Dave300

Dropbox - one profile works, others time out

Post by Dave300 »

Hi, I'm using commercial SBP 8.9.15, and a paid-for DropBox account.

I keep my media on a local NAS box and wish to use DropBox to keep an off-site copy of my stuff and use SBP to keep it all backed up.

This is all working well, I have created four separate profiles to copy different bits of data to DB, and it's all copied up ok.

But...

When it comes to rerunning a backup, three of the profiles consistently time out (sticks on Step 8 with a "cloud is throttling..." and after 10 mins it dies on me), yet the fourth one consistently works without a hitch!

I've gone through the settings of the profiles with a fine tooth comb and can't see any difference between settings other than of course the source and destination directories.

I have even waited 24 hours, then run just the smallest of the three failing profiles by itself, but straight away it sticks at Step 8. Run the fourth one and it reads the cloud directory and continues to sync straight away.

I have attached a screenshot of what SBP looks like when I'm trying to do this.

Any ideas??
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-02-07 18.04.28.png
Screenshot 2020-02-07 18.04.28.png (70.92 KiB) Viewed 2797 times