Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Number of worker threads - How to use?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Fender

Number of worker threads - How to use?

Post by Fender »

I am syncing folders to Backblaze B2 and discovered the Cloud > Advanced > Number of worker threads (too many will degrade performance) setting. By changing the standard value to let´s say 20 or 30 it did make i huge difference and a sync with photos uploaded way faster than when it was set to the standard value of 3.

The question i have is how do one determine the value, by computer CPU threads, by file sizes, by amount of RAM, by cloud provider? I have found no examples in the help that describes different user scenarios that this setting can degrade performance. I want to know how one find the sweet spot for this useful feature. Guessing and testing takes too long time. :)

It would be great to know "...if your files are larger (or smaller) than xx Mb you should set it according to this guidelines." [2bs]