Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Two speed questions, all help welcome!

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
hammarlundlaw

Two speed questions, all help welcome!

Post by hammarlundlaw »

I'm on a Win10 box (xeon 2246 6 core 12 thread, 32GRAM)

1) MULTI-CORE SPEED.Is there a trick to make syncback pull higher priority?
I ran a test internal-to-internal folder backup. I used level 9 compression, individual zip files, and 256 bit encryption. It was obviously not using much of the available CPU: I am only at ~25% load, w/ over 20G of free memory, and this is an SSD raid so I know it isn't the disk which is holding things up. Some of the tasks I do involve quick backups to portable drives. Any tips to make it use more available CPU when it's maximized?

2) AMAZON s3 NETWORK SPEED TIPS. Backing up encrypted and compressed mixed files (docs, photos, etc.) to Amazon S3 (not a compatible service; directly to s3) over a Comcast network. Backups are going to happen in the evening while I'm away.

My "Performance" window says the following are slowing it down:
Compression - Compression (This doesn't seem to be doing much, unless I'm missing something, because even a level 9 internal test is about 10-20x faster than the demonstrated upload speeds.)
Cloud - Amazon S3 (I assume this just means "slowing down as compared to network disk....?)
Simple - File and Folder Selection (again, not sure what this is.)

I am using default threads. I am getting only a couple of M per second, though my upload speed is usually higher.

Any tips?
hammarlundlaw

Re: Two speed questions, all help welcome!

Post by hammarlundlaw »

Also: I know I can let this run overnight, and then stop it when I return. When I start it again, the already-uploaded files will be on the S3 server, so (other than the wasted resources to run a scan) it will resume. But is there a better way, for example a "pause and resume later" function?