Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Deleting directories no longer being backed up

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Swifty

Deleting directories no longer being backed up

Post by Swifty »

After I've removed a Directory from being copied by a Backup profile, I would like to run a one-off "Mirror" of the profile so I don't end up with wasted space in the backup.
Is there a way to to do this, without changing the backup type to "Mirror", running the profile, and changing back to "Backup"?

My apology if this is obvious, but in my old age I can't find out if I can do this, let alone actually doing it.

I realise that the transient mirror run will delete anything else that is no longer in the Subdirectories and files list of the source. This is exactly what I want to achieve.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Deleting directories no longer being backed up

Post by mmullins_98 »

I would just create a separate profile & choose which one to run. Don't know your other particulars.