Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Backup & Restore To & From Dropbox

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
rozel

Backup & Restore To & From Dropbox

Post by rozel »

Hi - I am interested in buying this software so that I can backup my Photo Collection (currently around 500GB but likely to be 1.5TB in the next few months). Obviously I could just copy them all to my PC's Dropbox folder and sync them that way and then close Dropbox, delete them from the local DB folder after they've uploaded and then reopening Dropbox later. I've done this many times with stuff - it's fiddly but doable. Obviously by saying all that my overall concern is I don't want to have 2 copies of my Photo Collection on my Desktop PC as space is precious. OK, then if I have to restore (say the whole damn thing), I hit the max download limit that Dropbox imposes. So all in all this way of Backing Up and Restoring isn't practical/doable.

Given that SyncBackPro advertises that it works with Dropbox, exactly how do I achieve what I want to do please? I want to initially backup my full collection followed by Incremental (is that the correct name?) backups on say a weekly basis for any changes. If then, say I had a complete SSD failure (my photos are stored locally on a 2TB NVMe SSD), how would the Restore work? I have searched the forum for "Restore" but this word is rejected by the search system for some reason lol! In both cases (ie; Backup and Restore) I want to bybass the need to have the Photo Collection backed up and restored to and from my PC's Local Dropbox folder.

Can I chieve what I want to do with this software please?

Thanks
rozel

Re: Backup & Restore To & From Dropbox

Post by rozel »

Anyone please ?