Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

2 identical drives backed up 54GB difference

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
schemer

2 identical drives backed up 54GB difference

Post by schemer »

I have this problem where my E and F drive have different amount Free when they should be the same. Initially the numbers were different but after trying to correct it I ended up with this:
I have 2 WD 1TB Spinny hard drives installed as E and F on my pc. I use the F drive as a backup of my E drive. I installed them about the same time and have a profile to backup E to F. When I look at the drives in explorer I see drive E has 678GB free of 1.81TB and drive F has 733GB free of 1.81TB. So I modified the profile th backup F to E to see if that would fix it but it ended up with even less free on E. What is the correct or best way to have them identical? I looked at each folder and compared the two drives with 2 open explorer windows and everything matches up 100%. I rebooted and still the same. How to fix without losing any data from either drive?
Thanks,
schemer
schemer

Re: 2 identical drives backed up 54GB difference

Post by schemer »

I figured it out. It was the Recycle Bin on drive E. I used properties in explorer and did a disk cleanup on Drive E and the recycle bin had 54GB in it.
Hope that helps someone else.