Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Delete folder contents before backup.

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
[email protected]

Delete folder contents before backup.

Post by [email protected] »

Hi Guys

I backup drive images to an external drive, but the drive images are now too big unless I manually delete the folder contents first, is there a way that Syncback Pro can delete the files in a folder prior to backup ?

Thanks

Alan
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Delete folder contents before backup.

Post by morice »

Yes there is that option in the profile setup's Copy/Delete section under the Advanced tab.

But beware it deletes absolutely everything in the Destination folder, so make sure there is nothing else in there.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Hi

Firstly, thanks for the reply.

The only 'Delete' function I have is 'Delete in OneDrive' & 'Delete in Source', but I want to 'Delete in Destination'

Thanks

Alan
morice
Advanced
Advanced

Post by morice »

If it mentions OneDrive then your destination is set to OneDrive, if this comes as a surprise then i would warn against using the option altogether.