Hi every body,
I need some help to setup the proper configuration with Syncback Pro, because some setup details still confuses me.
I have two computers (one is Work computer, WPC, one is Home computer, HPC) and a cloud storage on a Linux Ubuntu PC (LPC), running with Nextcloud (which I can access to with WebDAV).
All my files are located :
- On an external drive on my HPC
- On an external drive on my WPC
- On an internal drive on my
What would be the best way to configure Syncback Pro in order the achieve the following scenario :
- When I work on my HPC, then created, modified and deleted files are synchronised to /from HPC to / from LPC
- When I work on my WPC, then created, modified and deleted files are synchronised to /from WPC to / from LPC
- I never work on LPC, it's only storage.
- I never work at the same time on WPC and HPC (can't duplicate myself yet )
In other words, I need to have each of 3 drives to be a perfect mirror of the 2 others. I guess I have to setup a Synchronisation but I wonder what would be the proper options I should select in the "Decisions - Files" pane ?
Maybe there are also some other importants options I need to select ?
I also have questions about the management of dates and times. On my Nextcloud storage, dates attributes of my files will be changed : created and modified date will be set to the date of the synchronisation. Will this mess up the whole process ? In other words, if date attributes on LPC are different than those on my WPC and HPC, will this mislead Syncback Pro ?
Thank you in advance for your clarifications
Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:
- This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
- If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.
- If you are entitled to technical support then please submit a support ticket. Please do not post the same question to the forum and also via a support ticket. Once again, 2BrightSparks does not provide technical support via this forum.
How to setup a sync between 2 PCs and a cloud ?
For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:12 pm
1 post • Page 1 of 1