Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Mirroring to OneDrive

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
josh358

Mirroring to OneDrive

Post by josh358 »

Hi, I want to mirror my data drive to OneDrive. Most of my local files are already on OneDrive.

I set up a profile and it linked successfully, but instead of synchronizing, SyncBack is deleting every file on OneDrive and then uploading it again.

Is there any way to get OneDrive to sync the existing files on OneDrive, rather than uploading them all over again?
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Mirroring to OneDrive

Post by mmullins_98 »

The developer Swapna wrote the following that may apply to your situation even though it refers to a sync profile. The dates being different could cause a mirror to delete the files.
"SyncBack (by default) in each run scans Source and Destination files to detect differences using last modification date/time stamps & sizes and copies only new or changed files from Source to Destination without overwriting unchanged files. However some devices e.g. NAS drives, FTP servers, Cloud servers have problems trying to correctly handle Last Modified date/time file stamping, which our programs uses as one of the method to compare files. Because of this, dates/times of files between source and destination would never match and makes file synchronization unworkable.

Try enabling the option "Force the file modification date & time to be correct" under:

Modify > Expert > Copy/Delete > Advanced settings page

to force-set the Last Modified date/time stamp of a file, but there is no guarantee all devices support it.

If it doesn’t work then the only option is to use Fast Backup mode supported in SyncBackPro/SE and never force a re-scan.