Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Missing files from Google Drive transfer

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
tomatosoup75

Missing files from Google Drive transfer

Post by tomatosoup75 »

Hi I am running into an issue doing a backup transfer from a "Shared with me" Google Drive folder. When I run the profile, it is not transferring new files that have been added since the last profile run.

However when I go to Modify > Filters > File and Folder selection, the new files appear in the list and are ticked, but the differences window doesn't show the new files and they don't transfer to my local drive.

I tried creating a new profile with the exact same settings, and this time it DID transfer the new files.

Is there a solution to this that doesn't require creating a new profile each time?

Thank you!
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Missing files from Google Drive transfer

Post by mmullins_98 »

Maybe this help will help:

Most common reasons for files being skipped

https://help.2brightsparks.com/support/ ... ng-skipped
tomatosoup75

Re: Missing files from Google Drive transfer

Post by tomatosoup75 »

Thank you that helped narrow down the problem. Maybe this is a bug?

I found a clue in the log which makes it look like Syncback is confusing the source and destination

I then went to Modify > Decisions - Files and the option "what to do if a file exists on Destination but not on Google Drive" I changed to "Copy file to Google Drive"

Doesn't make sense, because of course the file is on Google Drive, and not on the destination.

I ran the profile again and it successfully copied the file *from* Source-Google Drive *to* Destination-My computer.

I wanted to test this again so I deleted the local file, changed that Decisions setting back to "Do nothing" and ran the profile again. This time it DID copy the file.

Would be interested to know if this is a bug or an error on my part somewhere. If anyone else has the issue where new files are not copied, my solutions are to either change that setting above, or just create a new profile.