Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Too many files would be deleted

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
stevedo

Too many files would be deleted

Post by stevedo »

I am mirroring photos on a local SSD to OneDrive. I have reorganised the files on the disk and want to mirror those changes to OneDrive. The profiles I use to do this are configured to break the job into a number of tasks. On a specific profile I have deleted all of the source files. When I run this profile I get the error message "Too many files would be deleted" and the running of the profile is aborted.

How can I get the profiles to run so that the files are deleted in OneDrive i.e. the changes I made to the source are mirrored to OneDrive?

Thanks in advance
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Too many files would be deleted

Post by mmullins_98 »

From the Help info:

Define if SyncBackFree will warn about certain file actions, e.g. deletion of too many files. These settings can help avoid cases where something has gone wrong and so the profile should not be run.

·Warn me (abort profile if unattended) if 100% or more of my files are going to be deleted due to my settings: In some situations you may have wrongly configured your profile or made a mistake. For example, you may have set the source folder incorrectly to an empty folder and configured your profile to delete all files in the destination that are only in the destination. In this case when you run the profile all your destination files would be deleted. This setting is to avoid situations like this. You may also want to make sure that no files are going to be deleted. If SyncBackFree sees that it is going to delete the specified percentage of your files then it will automatically abort the profile and do nothing (if the run is unattended). If the profile is being run attended then a warning message will appear so that you can choose to abort or not. This setting is enabled by default and set at 100%, i.e. it will only abort/warn if all your files are going to be deleted. If you want to abort or be warned if any files are to be deleted then set the value to 0%. Otherwise, it will only abort/warn if the specified percentage (or more) of your files are going to be deleted.

·Warn me (abort profile if unattended) if 100% or more of my source/left files are going to be deleted due to my settings: The first setting applies to all files no matter where they are, but this setting only applies to files that are in the source/left. For example: you have 10 files. 5 of them are both in the source/left and destination/right, 3 are only in the source/left and 2 are only in the destination/right. In this case 80% of your files are in the source/left (8 out of 10) and 70% (7 out of 10) are in the destination/right.

·Warn me (abort profile if unattended) if 100% or more of my destination/right files are going to be deleted due to my settings: This is the same as the above setting except it applies to destination/right files.

·Warn me (abort profile if unattended) if 100% or more of my source/left files are going to be updated due to my settings: This is similar to the "going to be deleted" setting, except it refers to existing files (on the source/left) that are going to be replaced with files on the destination/right. SyncBackFree looks at how many files are on both the source/left and destination/right and compares that to how many are being copied and/or moved (and so are going to replace an existing file). For example, if you have a file on both the source and destination, and it is going to be copied (or moved) to the destination, then that is a changed file. If you have a new file on the source, that does not yet exist on the destination, then that is not considered a changed file.

·Warn me (abort profile if unattended) if 100% or more of my destination/right files are going to be updated due to my settings: This is the same as the above setting except it applies to destination/right files, i.e. files on the destination that will be replaced with files from the source.

·Warn me (abort profile if unattended) if 100% or more of my files are going to be copied/moved due to my settings: This is setting can be used to check if too many files are going to be copied or moved (either to or from the source or destination). Typically you would not use this setting, but it can be useful in situations where you want to check that everything has been copied/moved with a special profile.

With SyncBackPro you can also create scripts to stop a profile from continuing based on certain conditions. See the RunPreCopyCheck function and the example script PreCopyExample.vbs