Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Right-click context menu missing elements

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Right-click context menu missing elements

Post by olidie »

Hi,

I just upgraded my desktop and my laptop to v10. On my desktop everything is fine but on my laptop I am missing many entries in the right click context menu (see attached screenshot). For example I am missing the option to disable a profile.

Is there a setting that I am not seeing or is this a fault in the program or in my installation?

Oliver
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-12 223249.png
Screenshot 2021-10-12 223249.png (30.22 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Right-click context menu missing elements

Post by olidie »

Here's the context menu from my v10.0.4.0 Pro from my desktop:
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-12 230044.jpg
Screenshot 2021-10-12 230044.jpg (46.42 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
genoma

Post by genoma »

I'm having the same issue with v9 on Windows 10. Came here to check the same
genoma

Post by genoma »

it looks like these options have been moved to the ribbon menu (see Profiles ribbon to enable/disable) / (see Common menu to delete)
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Post by olidie »

I see the different context menus with the exact same program version.
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

Often a desktop will have a different screen resolution than a laptop. This could be your problem.

"If you right-click on a profile then a pop-up menu appears with a number of menu items. Some of the menu items may not be available due to limitations. For example, some functions cannot be used with groups (e.g. Open Left/Source) or they can only be used with a single profile and not multiple profiles (e.g. Modify). If your screen resolution is low some items will be removed, otherwise the menu will be too long to be displayed."
olidie
Experienced
Experienced

Post by olidie »

Thank you, this seems to be the answer. Although desktop and laptop have the same screen resolution, there is a 125% zoom set on the laptop.

I personally would prefer having to scroll through a long context menu rather than having to resort to the menu bar since I am used to the items placement in the pop-up menu.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

If your screen resolution is low, then some of the items from the pop-up menu will be removed. If not, the menu will be too long to be displayed.

Thank you.