Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Profile changed from "Mirror" to "Backup"?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Mawthra

Profile changed from "Mirror" to "Backup"?

Post by Mawthra »

I created a profile originally under the "Mirror" option, and somehow through tweaking the profile, it now reads as "Backup" and I'm not sure how or why that happened. In the "Decisions - Files" section, I have "Delete file from Destination if it hasn't been modified within the last 0 days" set under the "What to do if a file exists on Destination but not on Source". I do have Versioning enabled for the profile on the Destination only with Version Filtering enabled.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

The reason I'm really wondering if something is wrong is because: I set up a new filter (and tested it against an Explorer URL) for an existing folder that has already been copied to the Destination, but after running the profile again, that folder is not being moved from the Destination to the $SBV$ folder (I have the modified and deleted options for Versioning)... the anticipated behavior was, since I added a new filter for an existing folder, the next run, that folder would've been moved to $SBV$

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Profile changed from "Mirror" to "Backup"?

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Filter is used to include or exclude a specific file type from your profile selections (not to move to $SBV$ folder).

If Versioning is enabled, SyncBack (by default) creates version of a file before the file on Destination is deleted or replaced and stores it in a hidden sub-directory called $SBV$. For additional details on Versioning, please read "Versioning" article:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... oning.html

If you need further support for your issue, please send a support ticket to [email protected].

Thank you.
Mawthra

Post by Mawthra »

Perhaps I didn't explain my situation well enough.

The exclude filter in question is for a folder, not a file type. The folder I'm trying to exclude with this filter was previously copied and is currently on both the Source and Destination, but I have now added a filter to exclude that folder and the dialog after adding the filter asks me to confirm that that folder will now be excluded, I agree to it and confirm and it indeed shows me it's now unselected. The problem is, on subsequent runs, that folder that was excluded by the filter stays on the Destination even though the profile is set to Mirror... if it's now excluded, it should not remain on the Destination due to the profile mode.

My guess is it isn't being moved to the $SBV$ folder (like all other files/folders I've excluded get sent to the $SBV$ folder because I have Versioning on for both changed and deleted on the Destination) is because it still remains on both the Source and Destination and the filter was added after the fact. Had the filter been there from the beginning, the folder would have never been copied.

The expected behavior, though, was for the folder to be moved to the $SBV$ folder because it is now excluded and the profile is, again, in Mirror mode with Versioning for changed and deleted files on the Destination to "On/Enabled".
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please submit a support ticket to [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you.