Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Profile with multiple folders selected

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Pastat

Profile with multiple folders selected

Post by Pastat »

I have been using SyncBack free for many years and have come to trust it as it has never let me down. I am now evaluating SyncBack Pro as I have a big music database of about 22000 files and folders that I have backed up on external drives and also on Onedrive. I do not use OneDrive to sync files, I just do not trust it, I have been doing it manually.

This is a 430GB folder and I am setting up multiple profiles in order to stagger scheduled backups spread out over several days. In setting up the profile I am showing the source file for all of the data (F:\MusikDB\ClassicsDB\) and then I am using "Choose subdirectories" to select a batch of folders with a total size of say 15GB to make it maneageable. In the Destination file I am selecting Onedrive and also used "Choose subdirectories" to select the corresponding folders on OneDrive making sure that new folders & files will be added to the destination.

Running a Simulation the process is that the program is not just scanning the selected folders but is scanning through the complete databases, both in the source and destination folders. This is a very long process and I am sure this cannot be correct. It is not only scanning the folders but every file in every folder, all 22000 of them when only 56 Folders containing 300 files have been selected.

I must be doing something wrong and would appreciate some help.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: Profile with multiple folders selected

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Please un-tick the option "Retrieve a list of all the files and folders then filter (faster in most situations)" under: Modify profile > Expert > Cloud > Advanced settings page, save the settings and run the profile.

Thank you
Pastat

Post by Pastat »

Thanks for the the help Swapna. I ran a quick experiment and it worked.
Pastat

Post by Pastat »

Thank You again Swapna!
I spent some time rethinking my data management, set up my profiles, ran them and cannot believe how good SyncBackPro is. It will save many hours managing data especially the OneDrive aspect which I have been managing myself. In my case the OneDrive app has proved not to be reliable (sorry Microsoft) and self-management has proven to be not that reliable either, I found quite a few errors running SyncBackPro. As a long time user of SyncBackFree I now know I should have upgraded to Pro long ago.

Well Done to the 2BrightSparks team, Pro is exceeding my expectations!