Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Can't connect to Dropbox

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Dave300

Can't connect to Dropbox

Post by Dave300 »

Hi, I need help!
I've used SBP v8 successfully with my DropBox account for a couple of years, backing up various files to DB. I've recently got a new PC and have exported/imported my SBP backup profiles from my old PC, however now when I run a backup, SBP says that the connection is being throttled by the source. It says this every time now, so I decided to try a few things to fix it.
The next problem I hit is that when I modify a profile and click the yellow folder next to the Dropbox destination, it says "Connect to the Dropbox server?" and when I click Yes then SBP locks up for over a minute, then says "Unable to connect: Connection Closed Gracefully".
SBP is Authorised with my DB. In fact I've removed Cloud from my profiles, gone to my cloud accounts and hit Remove, logged into my DB account and gone to Connected Apps, and clicked Disconnect, and I've done a Delete DB on one of the profiles as a test.
Then I've started from scratch, creating a new profile and authorising with DB again (it reappears in Connected Apps in my DB account), but same problem when I click the Destination folder icon in the profile, when it asks me to "Connect to the Dropbox server?" it locks up for over a minute and says unable to connect.
Any ideas?
Dave300

Re: Can't connect to Dropbox

Post by Dave300 »

Fixed it! Went to SBP Preferences > Options > Expert, and changed Default communication encryption at the bottom to TLS V1.1.
Connected right away, and it backs up with no throttling. Go me!