Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

SFTP Settings Confusing UX Interface

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Sn3akyP3t3
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

SFTP Settings Confusing UX Interface

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 »

I have a few suggestions/complaints regarding SFTP settings. I anticipate having to use SFTP transfers in the coming years ahead so I'm tossing down my concerns now in hopes that eventually they'll be addressed.

My concerns are as follows:
  1. I was unable to find SFTP settings from making a new profile and navigating through all the offered settings on the left under expert mode. I was only able to discover them using search and often times when I did the application crashed. I did submit a crash dump once for this matter. It shouldn't be so hard to locate and obviously shouldn't be crashing to view and edit.
  2. The UI suggests SFTP only supports port 22. If that is correct then please correct that so the port is taken from the advanced tab port setting. Also, people that face port 22 to the public internet are somewhat more vulnerable to attack so not fixing this is likely forcing some customers to be exposed to an increase of risk. If this is not resolved I'll likely never be using SFTP transfer offered by this software.
  3. The UI section for SFTP is fairly confusing and cluttered. The tab could be renamed from FTP to something that family of protocols (FTP, FTPS, SFTP) represent. Most software titles I've used (such as Cyberduck or Filezilla) that offer file transfer in this manner have a UI that offers large choices first such as the protocol choice which then enables more settings relevant to that selection. This approach is rinse, lather, repeat until all relevant settings are offered. I realize this may be difficult to do with SB depending on the code it is written with, but the current UX had from the current layout is confusing.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: SFTP Settings Confusing UX Interface

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I will pass your suggestions to our development team for their review and consideration.

Thank you.