Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Force disconnect from SMB share

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
yehuda

Force disconnect from SMB share

Post by yehuda »

Hi

I use SyncBackPro to connect to a Destination SMB share that is password protected. The credentials are supplied in the profile window, and are not saved in Windows Credentials Manager.

I noticed that once a connection is made (whether I click "Test", run the profile, or double-click the Destination column), the share becomes exposed in Windows Explorer and stays accessible until the computer is rebooted.

This behavior is not desirable because ransomware could propagate along the same path.

Looking for a way to force-disconnect after the profile has run. Tried: net use \\share /delete - this reports success but the share stays online. Is there another command that works, or a setting I can adjust to keep the share private all the time?

SBP 10.2.4.0, 64-bit, Win 10 Home.