Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Bulk create profile (syncback pro is on server, and i want to download content of several fileshare)

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
markham

Bulk create profile (syncback pro is on server, and i want to download content of several fileshare)

Post by markham »

hi,
How to Bulk create profile in a group with same setting but source and destination are different.

i want to do that :

syncback pro is on server, and i want to download content of several computer fileshare in different subdirectory on server

thx,
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: Bulk create profile (syncback pro is on server, and i want to download content of several fileshare)

Post by mmullins_98 »

I think the closest thing to what you want is to create 1 profile with all the settings you want and then copy it giving each copy a different name that you then change the source & destination in each one. Then of course add them to your group.

I have seen others ask if this is possible so maybe you want to offer what you want as a suggested future feature.
markham

Re: Bulk create profile (syncback pro is on server, and i want to download content of several fileshare)

Post by markham »

mmullins_98 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:21 pm
I think the closest thing to what you want is to create 1 profile with all the settings you want and then copy it giving each copy a different name that you then change the source & destination in each one. Then of course add them to your group.

I have seen others ask if this is possible so maybe you want to offer what you want as a suggested future feature.
Yes can i script that with current version (api or command line option to generate copy of profile and change source and destination ?).

thx,
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Post by mmullins_98 »

SyncBackPro has scripting capabilities although they are pretty basic.
Look at:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/ ... index.html