Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

How to let SB popup comparison dialogs not on top of all other windows?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

How to let SB popup comparison dialogs not on top of all other windows?

Post by pstein »

Assume I defined (in v8) a comparison group of 15 single folder comparison profiles with parallel execution.

Now I mark the group entry and click on "Run".
All the containing profiles run successfully.
They work.

Since the comparison took place recursively over large directory trees and a slow network connection it could last a while (some minutes).
When SB v8 finds some differences for a certain profile a difference comparison dialog window pops up.
Thats ok in general.

Unfortunately SB let this difference windows popup on top of all other currently opened windows on my screen.
When I start meanwhile reading a browser web page or editing a word doc or editing an email this is very annoying.

How can I tell SB to NOT pop up the difference window on top of all other windows but just above the SB main window layer level?

So if the current windows layer level hierarchy is for example

1 Firefox browser
2. Word document editor
3 SB

...the window layer hierarchy should be as follows:

1. Firefox browser
2. Word document editor
3. Difference dialog
4. SB

How can I achieve this?

Alternatively SB should popup the difference windows only if the SB window gets later the active focus (=is the top most) again.

Peter
mmullins_98
Expert
Expert

Re: How to let SB popup comparison dialogs not on top of all other windows?

Post by mmullins_98 »

You say you are on SyncBack V8 but it would be helpful if you would supply more info. Are you on a Mac or a PC?
What OS and what OS version? Are you up to date on your OS updates? Have you had this situation with other SyncBack versions?

Thanks
pstein
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Re: How to let SB popup comparison dialogs not on top of all other windows?

Post by pstein »

I am using SyncBack v8.5.122 64bit on a Windows 7 64 bit system
All OS Updates are applied. Windows runs otherwise fine.

I didn't install SB on another computer yet (e.g. my Win10 notebook)

Unfortunately I cannot simply move my current SB installation to my Win10 notebook since it would require to manually re-define approx 15 profiles with a lot of folder+files selections.

But I guess it will cause the same problem.
Why should this happen only on Win7 but not Win10?

Any other idea?