Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

No progress and 100% CPU

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
weisker

No progress and 100% CPU

Post by weisker »

Hi,

I'm evaluating SyncBack Pro right now and created a profile to sync files from a SyncBack Touch source over the internet.
Once it built the file list and begins with the transfer, it stalls and CPU goes to 100%.
It's there now for 9 hours with no progress.

What could that be?
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: No progress and 100% CPU

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

Try enabling the option "Enable Rapid Transfer" in the profile, under SyncBack Touch settings, and rerun the profile.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
weisker

Post by weisker »

Hi,

I'm not going through a VPN, so this isn't really an option.
Delta Copy is also a thing that I need, because WAN isn't the fastest and I got big files to transfer.

Enable Rapid Transfer: Rapid Transfer can greatly increase performance when using SyncBack Touch. However, there are limitations: data is not encrypted over the network, it may saturate your network, it's not recommended for use on devices with slow storage (e.g. Android devices), it cannot be used with delta-copy (see below) and an extra TCP port is used (one higher than your Touch port, e.g. if you use port 8080 then it will also use port 8081).

I'm not sure what SyncBack is using the CPU for, as not one byte is being transferred.

Thanks,

Andreas
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Better send an email to [email protected] and quote this forum thread for reference for further assistance.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
weisker

Post by weisker »

Will do, thanks.