Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

2 weeks incremental back with full

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
vincewu

2 weeks incremental back with full

Post by vincewu »

I am evaluating the syncbackpro. Can anyone help on how to setup differential mix with full backup. In the help section, they show an example on how to do it for 7 days. However, I need help on setting it up for 14 days (2 weeks). In another word, I want to setup on week 1, monday to saturday differential and sunday full. week 2 will do the same. Week 3 will do the same and delete week 1. So I will always have 2 weeks worth of backup for the 14 days. I want this done so that it will indicate the Date as the name of the folder that contains the backup.

For example.
c:\backup\5-1-2022\*****
c:\backup\5-2-2022\***
and so on.

I know I can do that with the %DATE% with %AUTOINC% variable and every backup is full, but I don't know how to make it so that it's differential/full mix.

thanks everyone for your help.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Re: 2 weeks incremental back with full

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

You can use %AUTOINC% variable with Fast Backup to create Full Backup with as many Differential backups as you need. Please read "Incremental/Differential Backups" section of "Auto-Incrementing Variable" article for additional details:
https://www.2brightsparks.com/resources ... iable.html

Thank you