Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

ShowMessage limitations?

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
bigGuitar
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

ShowMessage limitations?

Post by bigGuitar »

So there must be many limitations as to where the ShowMessage procedure can be used.
Does anyone know what the limitations are?

When I test it under Simulated Runs, the profile gets stuck and the overall syncback pro application interface becomes funky and corrupt, and I have to kill the syncbackpro application and restart...
bigGuitar
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: ShowMessage limitations?

Post by bigGuitar »

For some reason on my system, the dialog box seems to be forced into a size of 0 x 0, essentially rendering it invisible.
Pressing Alt-Spacebar provides a move-close option to appear, but there is no simple way to resize the box...
bigGuitar
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by bigGuitar »

I had better luck importing user32 for MessageBox, however for Pascal, instead of using the format mentioned in the documentation, you need to define the text and caption variables as 'AnsiString' instead of string, otherwise only the first character of the string will display... perhaps an encoding thing, at least this is required for proper performance on my system.
Swapna
Expert
Expert

Post by Swapna »

Hi,

We have answered via your parallel support ticket.

Thank you
bigGuitar
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by bigGuitar »

Thank you, the SBSystem version of ShowMessage from the beta 10.2.58.0 release has worked much better for me.