Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Editing variables

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
KSMike

Editing variables

Post by KSMike »

I apologize for the dumb question, but I was fairly sure it was possible to do this but don't see where.

How can I edit the contents of variables (in this case the path in %SYNCBACKBACKUPFOLDER%)?
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Dave Wilkins »

Hi

You can't change the value that a built-in Variable evaluates to, sorry. But you can replace the one you mentioned with a hard-coded path (or even a Windows Environment Variable - or a mixture of all three) of your choice
KSMike

Post by KSMike »

Thanks.
Zodler
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Re: Editing variables

Post by Zodler »

Where does %SYNCBACKBACKUPFOLDER% point to?

Because I run the no install version and option of putting new profiles to the same directory as program but
my backups all go to
C:\Users\.......\AppData\Local\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

%SYNCBACKBACKUPFOLDER% is pointing at the current user's (the one who is running the app) private application data folder where usually apps will store application data related to the user. This is regardless if the user started SyncBack from an internal storage (local disk) or external storage (e.g. a non-install version was running from a USB device).

If you want to store the profile backups elsewhere then you can always change the folder under Preferences -> Options > Expert > Back all profiles.. path.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]
Zodler
Enthusiastic
Enthusiastic

Post by Zodler »

Thanks. Just a suggestion, the no-install zip version should be truly portable and store all data where it was unzipped regardless where it is.
Kostas
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Kostas »

Hi,

We'll look into this for the coming release.

Thanks,
Kostas
[2bs]