Before posting, and to avoid disappointment, please read the following:

• This forum is not for 2BrightSparks to provide technical support. It's primarily for users to help other users. Do not expect 2BrightSparks to answer any question posted to this forum.
  • If you find a bug in any of our software, please submit a support ticket. It does not matter if you are using our freeware, a beta version or you haven't yet purchased the software. We want to know about any and all bugs so we can fix them as soon as possible. We usually need more information and details from you to reproduce bugs and that is better done via a support ticket and not this forum.

Configuring a new profile for Google Cloud Storage

For technical support visit https://support.2brightsparks.com/
Kiselhuis

Configuring a new profile for Google Cloud Storage

Post by Kiselhuis »

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to the product but have been recommended it by a friend.

I need to set-up a sync from one pc to Google Cloud Storage, cloud Storage is ready to go but I cannot find anywhere the Service URl, Access Key ID and Secret Key ID.

I have looked all over the 2BrightSparks website for a tutorial on how to configure a cloud backup but no luck.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
Kiselhuis
Dave Wilkins
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Re: Configuring a new profile for Google Cloud Storage

Post by Dave Wilkins »

Hi

It's in the Help - specifically, in tree on left in Help file:

Help > Using SyncBackPro > Technical Reference > Google Storage

Help > Search > 'google storage' (without the quotes) > 2nd hit gets the same page

There is also a link to it in the contextual help on the Cloud settings page, thus

Service URL:
...at time of writing the URL for Google Storage is commondatastorage.googleapis.com (note that you do not prefix the URL with http or https). If you are planning to use Google Storage then you must enable and configure it first.

(obviously the link doesn't work here - the colour is just to highlight where it is - but it does work in the Help if you click it)
Kiselhuis

Post by Kiselhuis »

Dave,

You are a God send! Thank you, the one place I didn't look, in the actual help file, my bad.

Regards,
Kiselhuis
malimar

Post by malimar »

FYI.

Hello Support,

Instructions for Google Cloud Storage is outdated. The screenshots in your help are not the same with GCP.
Conrad Chung
2BrightSparks Staff
2BrightSparks Staff

Post by Conrad Chung »

malimar wrote:FYI.

Hello Support,

Instructions for Google Cloud Storage is outdated. The screenshots in your help are not the same with GCP.
Thanks, I'll pass this over to the relevant department in charge of updating the Help file. Can you tell us which part of the instructions in the Help file is outdated, exactly?

Edit - Nevermind, I've located the outdated Help page (Technical Reference > Google Storage). I'll pass the info on for amendment.